Saturday, May 23, 2009

Shifting Focus -- Slightly

I have recently found myself engaged in numerous conversations regarding how we might be letting all the tools and technology that were supposed to make our lives better actually get in the way of our relationships and priorities. I don't claim to know all the answers, or even all the right questions to ask. But as of today, I am shifting the focus of this blog -- in a way -- more heavily toward discussions on such topics.

It is my sincere hope that we can strike up some useful dialog and share thoughts on things we can actually DO, steps we can take, changes we can implement in order to better focus on the things that really matter to us in life.

We all talk about relationships, time management, goal setting, balance... tons of terms and topics that are all interrelated in one fundamental way:

All of these issues boil down to SELF-LEADERSHIP.

We complain about all the things that are getting in the way of what we really wish we were doing and achieving in our lives, our relationships, and our work. So let's put our thoughts out on the table. And let's go one step farther: let's share ideas and experiences with a simple question in mind: "What can we DO about it?"

It starts with each of us taking control of ourselves. We can't blame it on anything else. Not the technology. Not the weather. Not other people. It starts inside ourselves. So, tell us what you are doing to lead yourself to a better life. And I'll humbly share my ideas, successes, and even my failures, too.
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment