Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The journey is as important as the destination...

I ran across something recently that resonates strongly in my heart and mind. It speaks of the importance of living each day with a keen sense of awareness of the blessings and beauty that surround us. For me, the greatest blessing by far is sharing my life with the woman I truly love, respect, trust, and admire. Yes, we have some "specific" dreams of what we want in the future, just as everyone does. But the thing that makes our relationship so very special, our bond so very strong, is our mutual appreciation of the other one for simply "being there." That said, I will share the quote that has been rolling around in my head for days. They are the words of one of my favorite authors/speakers, Dr. Wayne Dyer:

“When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way.”

I can honestly and humbly say that just as much as I look forward to sharing the future with the most amazing, beautiful, and loving woman I have ever known, I very much enjoy and am thankful for every opportunity I get to show her - TODAY - how much I care.

I hope the above quote from Dr. Dyer will perhaps lead you to think, as I have, about the importance of appreciating the journey as much as the destination.
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment