Friday, April 13, 2007

A quote on meditation...

This has been a very mixed and interesting week for me. I have had some fabulous moments, buffered by some really trying moments. Throughout all this, I have sought to both pray and meditate more than I usually do, largely out of necessity. And the answers are coming in by ways quite unexpected yet more beautiful and effective than I would have ever come up with using the purely "human" side of myself. Yes, miracles are taking place in my life and things are being revealed that are forever altering the course of my life for the better.

To that end, I would like to share a quote with my friends from the poet Franz Kafka, regarding the importance of stopping now and then - both physically and spiritually - to ALLOW the answers to reveal themselves:

"It is not necessary that you leave the house. Remain at your table and listen. Do not even listen, only wait. Do not even wait, be wholly still and alone. The world will present itself to you for its unmasking, it can do no other, in ecstasy it will writhe at your feet."
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment