Saturday, April 14, 2007

Receiving the gift of joy from giving...

Recently, I have been shown in my own life the true joy of what must be the greatest paradox of all time: the greatest gift you can receive is the gift that comes from giving to someone else.

I am very blessed and fortunate to be sharing my life with someone who, like myself, gets great joy from sharing love and "being there." A couple of days ago, this point was brought home very strongly to me. I had a really rough day at work. When the day was over, I spent time with my loving soulmate who listened intently to what I had to say and vent. When I was finished releasing my thoughts to her, all I wanted to do was show her how much I care and how wonderful she is. I have been thinking about that evening a great deal. It "drove home" the notion to me that I receive my greatest happiness and contentment with life and the Universe when I am giving to her. I all but completely forgot about how rough my work day had been and found myself enjoying the simple pleasures in life as we walked a trail near a lake, hand-in-hand, just sharing our love, thoughts, and time with one another.

It is in my prayers that everyone can find such a place in their lives and come to know that tremendous pleasure and rewards that come from giving yourself completely to that one person you know you want to spend the rest of your life with.
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment