Friday, April 6, 2007

Success Redefined

I was recently involved in a conversation that led to a brief discussion on what "success" really means. Without even thinking, I pointed out to a friend that success is not about how much money you make or how much status, prestige, or authority you gain. Rather, success is a matter of living your life - meaning personal, work, social, everything - in such a way that the person you love most in life always stands by you, trusts you, and encourages you to persevere, even when things get tough.

I have faced some really trying situations lately, most especially at work. I am thankful to have someone in my life who is there, everyday, to listen when I am frustrated or stressed out, and to remind me that as long as I do my best, I am successful in the ways that matter most.

share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment