Thursday, July 23, 2009

Raising the Bar of Excellence

Thoughts for Thursday, July 23, 2009.

Today I want to challenge myself and all of you to raise the bar of Excellence. That project I'm working on for a client... am I reaching for true Excellence that will make them feel good about their decision to use my services, or just trying to make it good enough to satisfy them and their minimum requirements?

It has been said that the problem is not that we set our goals too high and fail to reach them. Rather, the fear is that we set them too low and achieve them. The difference between these two possibilities is a matter of still achieving a "Wow!" outcome in the former, and a "That'll do" outcome in the latter.

Aim high. Reach like hell for the highest of goals. I hope you achieve them, but if you fall a bit short, you still stand head and shoulders above average.

"I would rather perform at 90 percent of an excellence standard than 110 percent of an adequacy standard." -- Don Beveridge.

Have an Excellent day!
Dan

share on: facebook

1 comment:

  1. Dan,

    I spend a bit of time each day walking the call center floor and signing the balloons of my team mates who receive one for getting ustomer commendations. One of the quotes I use frequently is one by Vince Lombardi..."You can't attain perfection but if you chase it, you can catch excellence". The higher you aim, the further you'll go!

    ReplyDelete